Thursday, November 19, 2009

the Master calls a butterfy

Ok, so I have been really lazy with this blog, time to get back on track. Just incase you were wondering, I made it to San Diego, CALIFORN-I-AA!! Leaving home was pretty hard.  My best friends came over and hung out with me the few days that I was packing before I headed out.  Marben, Jess, Byrd, Bear, Justin, and Rose came over the one night I invited them all over to my little party, and what really touched my heart, is that with all their busy schedules, they called me the day before I left and all of them except for Rose came over to hang out one more time :) They are truely my bestest friends, and Im so lucky to have that many BEST friends! It made me not want to leave lol.  The next day, with a car fully packed to the brim, Mike came over to my house to meet me and then I gave my Mom and Pops (and Roxygirl!) a big ole' hug, and headed off.  Byrd made me some mixed cds for my ride that were AWESOME! It was so funny because the first song that came on was "My Girl" and I started balling my eyes out as a turned out of my driveway...I feeling I will never forget.  The ride across the country was pretty mind-blowing. In five days I drove through Virginia, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and finially Cali.  I got to see the GRAND CANYON and it is truely one of the worlds wonders.   Mike and I moved in to our cute little apartment on Pacific Beach Drive on November 3, 2009 :)  Finding a job was reeeeallly tough and frustrating for me, but I did it!  For now at least, I have an administrative assisstant position at Cassidy's Massage Clinic, and get free massages by the therapists so that I can give them good client recommendations! Talk about benefits! So for now thats keeping me very busy Monday through Saturday from 8:30am-4:30pm.. no sunshine for me, boo :(  But hopefully I will be out of debt soon, and perhaps find a higher paying job that I enjoy.  I got a plane ticket home for Christmas that I am SOOOO excited about and I plan on hanging out with my friends and family, boozin it up every minute :) 

Ok, I guess its time to think of a dream of mine..as soon as the water gets warmer out here (because believe it or not its freezing) I am overcoming my fear of the ocean, and learning how to surf!

I'll end this super long post with a quote my mom texted me while I was about to give up on job hunting, not thinking I was going to be able to afford to live out here, it is a great life quote:
“What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.”

--Richard Bach, Illusion

Be the butterfly!! :) Later

1 comment:

  1. i'm so proud of you shanny!! i teared up reading this. miss you so much! can't wait til christmas!

    ReplyDelete