Saturday, November 28, 2009

starting to feel fat

So, San Diego is still making me work hard for things to go my way.  Got my car towed last week, that was a really fun experience to wake up to, and go through, $350 later.  But, it's a good thing I do not give up without a fight.  Being broke has made it harder to have fun out here, money really is the root of all evil.

But Thanksgiving was fun, I cooked bacon wrapped beans and this really tastey caramel chocolate chip dip :)  All of us out here went over to Sam, Lauren, Amber, and Eliza's and had a pot-luck, beer drinking day of turkey goodness.  The turkey turned out sooooo good thanks to Sam and Emily.  And all ten of us sat around Eliza's closet door propped on two tv boxes, and ate Indian style, classic.  It gave me comfort, since it was my first Thanksgiving away from home, and I even got to eat the turkey wings like I always do!  Mike had to work all day which was sad, I wanted him to be a part of the experience, and by the time he got there I was passssssed out from my turkey coma.  It was a great day, full of friends and good times.

And now I feel, fat!  I have been getting no exercise with my work schedule, and then I just sit at a desk all day at work!  This is not good, I need money so I can join a gym and get motivated like asap.  I can't wait to pay my bills in a week with my first paycheck and not feel so worthless. 

I still don't know if California is really for me, I miss my east coast roots so much.  I'm still testing out my wings I guess.  I want to get richy rich so I can decorate my apartment in shabby chic furniture and home deco from anthropologie, and buy all the jewelry and clothes from the store, and be able to go out to eat, and not worry so much.  I decided to not let money get me down so much in the past week.  While I'm still being frugal, I went out last night (after losing a bet in Yatzi haha) and got Mike a little present for our ONE YEAR on Monday, which I doubt he even knows is our one year.  I feel as though you only live once, and where you can't be stupid with your money (or credit card) you still need to have fun.  I never want to be this poor ever again in this lifetime, I'm going to make it my goal to only go up from this point.  That's today's dream, probably the most important one yet.

I still can't WAIT to go home for Christmas, I just know I'm not going to want to leave to come back!!  Mike will be reason enough though :) Now I'm going to go browse the web for a new book to read since I finished my last one (Meg Cabot's Queen of Babble in the City), chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment